Saturday, June 28, 2008

Surfs Up!

Arrogance rides on the crest of
Every wave of transformation
White, foamy, but of little real substance.
Its easy to get bedazzled by the foam and
Giddy with the spray.
Of negative ions in the air
When I’m riding high.

But in order to surf the web of consciousness
I’ve got to stay balanced on the board
Feet firmly planted
Center of gravity low, not high.
In proper awe of the forces I’ve harnessed.

Being aware that feelings like
Jubilation,
Triumph,
Over-confidence,
Sudden and unexplained
Revulsion for others.
Are shadows of my own self-doubt.
Creating that cosmic wobble.

Balance is the Middle Way
The middle of what?
The middle of the poles.
Negative on the left,
Positive on the right.
Go too far one way
And I must dip into the other side.
While finding balance again.
The higher the wave,
The greater the risk of
Falling in,
Being submerged,
Drowning.
The higher the elation,
The more froth and foam.

Myself, riding, the wave of Presence
Smack in the middle!
Divinely appointed
Within my true nature.

No comments: