Thursday, May 29, 2008

In Divide Dual

Today I awoke with an invisible hand
clutching the back of my neck
In a vice grip. My ego?
What vice is that? That is seizing me?
What errant thought has commandeered
The passageway between
My heart and my mind?
Between Heaven and Earth?
Even as I write these words, the hold loosens.
One by one, I pry open the talons.

On the threshold of every big leap into
The free-fall of spiritual awareness
The ego, in divided dual blindness
Blocks the Way.
I am patient. Infinitely patient.
Time is of no matter to me.
The ego is my ally. I meet it halfway.
Our meeting is incendiary, like a forest fire,
Burning away the dross
In THIS body. Making a clearing.
And afterwards, amongst the charred remains,
I will grow more lush and green.
Peace and Tranquility become visible.
In the clear light of a new Era.

No comments: