Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Maduram

I met a woman today named Amadora
She spoke about Love, with ecstasy in her voice
I too have tasted that sweet nectar.
It flows in my heart, I know it does.

But lately I haven't been able to feel its sweetness.
I'ts been bottled up, sealed and corked.

Who sealed it?
I did not ask for it.
It made me despair that I would never love again
With joyful abandon, like the last time.
Or if I do open my heart to someone, it happens too late.
One nanosecond after they are no longer mine.
Not just bad timing, its tragic timing.

Or is it? Maybe its perfect timing.
Maybe he was the bottle-opener, a divine gift.
Perhaps now that the bottle is opened,
I will taste all that my vintage heart has to offer:
loneliness,
loss,
heartbreak,
grief,
sadness,
fear,
anger,
longing,
ecstasy,
reverence.

I will taste it all, and I will call it Love.

No comments: